Girls Recreational Gymnastics Classes
Activities include vault, bars, beam, tumbling/floor, trampoline, and dance as well as strength building and flexibility. The small class ratio allows for modifications as needed to the developmental curriculum to meet the skill level of each student.
This 60-minute class is an introduction to gymnastics for girls ages 5 and up. No experience necessary.
Some skills the athletes will learn as they progress through Levels 1-2 include:
- Vault: Hit board with 2 feet, straight jump onto resi, flat back onto resi, safe/soft knees/”stuck” landing.
- Bars: Chin to bar, pull over, cast with hips off the bar, cast to back hip circle, forward roll.
- Beam: Forward/backward/side releve walks, high beam walks, straight jump high beam, kicks, pivot turns, beginning passe turns, beginning handstands.
- Floor: Bridge hold, cartwheel, back bend, bridge kickover, handstand kick-ups.
- Tramp: Seat drop to stand, half and full turns, split and straddle jumps.
This 60-minute Level 3 (Intermediate) Recreational class is appropriate for girls who have graduated from the Girls Recreational Level 1-2 Beginner class. Level 3 utilizes the same equipment as Level 1-2 and continues to build on the foundational elements learned in Level 1-2 with focus on improving technique and progressions to more advanced variations and skills.
Some skills the athletes will learn as they progress through Level 3 include:
- Vault: Handstand fall onto mat stack, handstand hop, blocking on mat stack.
- Bars: Pull over, cast back hip circle, glide swing, higher casts with shaping.
- Beam: Handstand low beam, cartwheel low beam, passe turns, leap, split jump.
- Floor: Back bend on 8″ mat, bridge kick over, back handspring drills, back handspring down mat.
- Tramp: Round-off, back handspring over barrel.
This 60-minute Level 4 (Intermediate) Recreational class is appropriate for girls who have graduated from the Girls Recreational Level 3 Intermediate class. Level 4 utilizes the same equipment as Level 3 and continues to build on the foundational elements learned in Levels 1-3 with focus on improving technique and progressions to more advanced variations and skills.
Some skills the athletes will learn as they progress through Level 4 include:
- Vault: Handstand blocking on mat stack and vault table.
- Bars: 45 degree cast, shoot through, connected back hip circles, cast squat on, glide swing toes to bar, kip drills.
- Beam: Handstand medium beam, cartwheel medium beam, back walkover low beam.
- Floor: Front walkover, back handspring progressions, round-off.
- Tramp: Round-off, back handspring, flyspring.
This 60-minute Level 5 (Advanced) Recreational class is appropriate for girls who have graduated from the Girls Recreational Level 4 Intermediate class. Level 5 utilizes the same equipment as Level 4 and continues to build on the foundational elements learned in Levels 1-4 with focus on improving technique and progressions to more advanced skills. Level 5 is considered an “open ended” class where students set their goals with their coaches, and the coaches create lesson plans for each individual.
Some skills the athletes will learn include:
- Vault: Front handspring vault, half-on.
- Bars: Cast handstands, kips, squat on to high bar, high bar swings.
- Beam: Handstand and cartwheel high beam, back walkover medium and high beam, back handspring.
- Floor: Round-off back handspring, front handspring, front handspring series, back tuck.
- Tramp: Round-off back handspring back handspring, back tuck, front handspring front tuck, layouts, and twisting.
Boys Recreational Gymnastics Classes
We offer 60-minute beginner to advanced classes for boys. Activities include vault, high bar, parallel bars, pommel horse, tumbling/floor, trampoline, and still rings. The small class ratio allows for modifications to the developmental curriculum to meet the skill level of each student.
Ninja – Parkour (Co-Ed)
This is a 60-minute class combining the fundamentals of both Ninja and Parkour disciplines while getting a great workout and having fun! Each class uses movement and obstacle courses with an objective of getting from one point to the next using running, climbing, swinging, vaulting, tumbling, jumping, rolling and other tricks, teaching quick light feet, balance, and grip. No experience necessary!
Acrobatics, Tumbling, and other Gymnastics for Dancers / Cheerleaders / Figure Skaters (Co-Ed)
This 60 minute intermediate class will focus primarily on trampoline and tumbling progressions for athletes such as cheerleaders, dancers and figure skaters. All are welcome. No experience necessary. The small class size will allow for individualized goal setting. Want to learn a tumbling series? Back tuck? Punch front tuck? Twisting? Back handspring? Front handspring? This class is for you!
Ready to get started?
Talk to us about the best program for your child (or you!)
"*" indicates required fields
By participating in gymnastics, children encounter things that will push them out of their comfort zone. Making a decision to trust themselves and their coaches is a skill that will carry over to all areas of their life.
Gymnastics can assist with the development of confidence through positive experiences and achievements.
Commitment & Discipline
Gymnastics requires concentration and commitment. Participating in a sport that has a strict code of conduct teaches the importance of safety and respect.
When athletes participate on a team, then they can gain support from and learn how to support their fellow teammates
The Benefits of Recreational Gymnastics
The ROGA Difference
New 22,000 sq ft facility with standard Olympic apparatuses.
Coaches are dedicated to each athlete as an individual and use creativity in a structured path for success.
Coaches use a combination of modern and innovative techniques focused on form, shapes, strength, biomechanics, proven progressions and flexibility.
Repetition, drills, and variety in skill development produce athletes with a mastery of the sport.